Sunday, March 7, 2010

Under The Dreaming Sun

It's a beautiful Sunday in Florence! It’s still cold outside but at least the sun is out and I hope it continues to be. I just finished watching The Wizard of Oz (Il mago di Oz). Judy Garland was such a beauty in this movie, so sweet and innocent. This classic tale takes me back to childhood. “There is no place like home.” Being far away from home and the family is very hard, especially if one is on their own and alone in an unknown country. All the beauty of Florence takes my mind off the thought that I am here alone (without my family, I mean). I can’t wait for this winter to end and spring to come; I think I mentioned this before in one of my posts. Spring will bring more fun and excitement, more sun and warmth. The bear is waiting to be awakened and smell the sweetness of honey in the air. Yesterday, I was in town, walking around and I realized that city is filling up with tourists, once again. And this is just the beginning. Summers are usually mad here, crowds of people on the streets, it’s a total chaos! I remember the summer of 2008 in Florence, that’s when I fell in love with this city. The love for Florence is still inside of my heart, it’s not gone and I doubt it will be. I traveled all over Italy in 2008 and many places were painted, like a work of art, in my head and I still carry them with me.


ARTISTIC DREAMS OF ITALY




Afternoon Tea




BELLAGIO MEMORIES









CAPRI ISLAND

























 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails