Monday, March 1, 2010

The Stored Honey Of The Human Soul


A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

"O, how much simpler things would be
If eyes could paint or brush could see. "
By Robert Brault





"In the 1700's Voltaire wrote that the Renaissance in Italy marked one of mankind's greatest cultural achievements. Today, Italy has the most, and best preserved, Renaissance art in the world. Venice, Milan and Rome boast many well-known masterpieces from this age of enlightenment. However, the largest concentration of high art and architecture of Renaissance Italy, hence of the world, is in Florence. To travel in Florence is to truly take a trip back in time, to the age of discovery, when mankind passed from the darkness of the Middle Ages to a time of luxury, increased artistic freedom and scientific advancement."



Art and Florence ... Whoever has been in Florence knows about the museum Uffizi, which together with Museo del Prado (Spain) and Louvre (France) makes the historical puzzle complete. So much mystery behind the paintings..Mona Lisa....it takes my breath away. A picture itself can be alive, right in front of your eyes, yet you may not have a clue what it is about unless you study art. Art is the struggle to understand. I like it more as a mysterious piece which makes me wonder.  I gather together thoughts, in my imagination, everything I think the picture represents. And I'm usually wrong...but it’s my imagination and it allows me to make up things that no one would ever thought of....it’s the power we posses. Being an artist is a gift. You’re born with a magical hand not taught. It’s a magnificent gift in fact, one should be proud of…There are many artists that I adore…but here are some of the pictures that made me loose myself in them...


This art is silent poetry.



I love these pictures of Flamenco dancers...no faces, only movements...makes me want to dance! They're so ALIVE!




Morning Sunlight




Old Florence




Beauty...takes one back in time...(Once upon a time...)



          Collier- Godiva



My favorite painting of all time...The Birth of Venus ( La Nascita di Venere) by Botticelli

Interpretation: Venus had two aspects: she was an earthy goddess who aroused humans to physical love or she was a heavenly goddess who inspired intellectual love in them. (Interpretation of Plato - and - the members of the Florentine Platonic Academy.Plato further argued that contemplation of physical beauty allowed the mind to better understand spiritual beauty. So, looking at Venus, the most beautiful of goddesses, might at first raise a physical response in viewers which then lifted their minds towards the Creator.

My Interpretation: In my world, it represents freedom and love. Her naked body stands untouched and sacred yet exposed to passion freely. She is the Goddess of Love, she is a beauty. In my eyes, she is pure and innocent and a very passionate woman, the most beautiful I've seen from the Renaissance era.


LOVELY!

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. "
By Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails