Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beautiful One

This is another one of my stories. Enjoy!

Night like a clock is slowly but surley ticking away. Clouds are breaking off the sky; lightning is tearing it apart, just like this silence. I don’t know if I ever told you that I love a storm , especially when it comes in the right moment like this early morning…and the drops of rain fall straight into the sea.

Do you rememeber my darling; we were still young back then, young and naïve. We didn’t dream of the days that passed by, we wondered about those that were to come and be our forever.

The city was big back then, a lot bigger. From end to end the day walks, old people used to say, but instead we were different and we wanted little bit of space. Somehow personal and cynical, selfish, just for us.

The world, just like today, was stupid. The war was bad, people were dying all around us, and nobody knew anything. Everyone had weapons except our countries , our people, you and I used to believe. We read together, remember my darling those old books from my half empty shelves and poetry that you used to read to me by Mark Halter. Remember the sea, where the salt can be tasted, and the smell of yellow flowers;we never even knew the name. We made things up just not to stay away from each other…..rememeber?

I always asked you what Halter meant when he said “Im tired of everything; she threw herself in the river, the most beautiful girl from England!”

Shakespeare was dumb, you would say, but do you rememeber how we like that Hamlet and all other stories except Romeo and Juliet. They were not our style. Do you rememeber my darling how many times we turned your room into a stage and actors were you and I, audience as well. We thought that out love was the only one, the biggest one, we thought that’s what happenes to everyone when they fall in love, and life is long, the path isn't straight, it's dangerous just like that street on the corner of my house, where accidents used to happen all the time.

You name is still the most beautiful to me. Your lips were soft and tasted like fresh oranges. I still can't believe that this is you, that after 20 years we are at the same place the same beach tasting the salt of the sea and smelling the fragrance of those yellow flowers. We thought that we would never see each other again because our people had weapons too, my people and yours. They forgot about you and I, about love, about everything. We saw when the boots command how head has to take the steps. You are telling me how your daughter has a man that takes good care of her, mine does as well, but don’t tell her how people are good, and how we are the best, just don’t …tell the truth.

If they just told us the truth…..oh my darling…

Close your eyes and draw some lines on the paper of our memories and don’t kiss me like back then…what would people say? You saw how they stare at us.




Gustav Klimt - The Kiss


MORTAL LOVE - BEAUTIFUL ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails