Sunday, February 21, 2010

Daydreaming of Spring

I have been living in Florence, Italy for the past 5 months. I adore this city and it's essential beauty. Everything about Florence captivates my mind. Its culture, art...it's all there on display in front of my eyes and I can't help but wonder how many "strangers" in this city feel the same way. If they even do...?
Today is Sunday, it was a sunny morning until the dark clouds sorrounded the city and kicked the sunshine out of the sky. But before the rain started, I got out on my big terrace and together with my charming boyfriend started the process of cleaning, which I enjoy very much. The terrace is empty now, due to the winter that brought heavy rain and winds that circulated throughout Florence. We cleaned the terrace almost completely and rearanged the flowers pots. I always saw my mom plant the flowers in the pots and change the soil, but I never tried to do it before. Today was my first time and yes, I did a good job! I bought three different flowers yesterday, now they are breathing fresh air outside. They made me think of  la primavera (spring) and its charm. I love spring...everything about it, I love. Awakening of the first flowers, warm breeze on my skin, the smell of honey in the air...I daydream alot about this magical season and I am so excited that it will knock on this city's door SOON!

I wish to have a garden like this one day

I love typical Tuscan gardens. Flowers, of many colors, beautiful statues and fountains !!! What more would one want? If I had one like this, it would make me feel like I'm living in Rinascimento (The Renaissance), which actually began here in Florence in the 14th century!

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers
is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely
as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.




I really want to clean out my closet and put away the winter collection! I am "craving" a dress.

I love this picture. The front door of a Tuscan villa covered in colors.


It's time for spring, butterflies, sweet scents, honey and bees, happy colors, music, cold drinks and great love poetry!

" A flower's fragrance declares to the whole world that it is fertile, available and desirable. It smell remind us in vestigial ways of fertility, vigor, life-force, all the optimism, expectancy, and passionate bloom of youth. We inhale its ardent aroma and no matter what our ages, we feel young and nubile in a world aflame with desire." By Diane Ackerman, A Natural History of the Senses


When bright flowers bloom
Parchment crumbles, my words fade
The pen has dropped...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails